Saturday, December 24, 2005

homeless

Well...my last blog entry from the United States...I would just like to reflect on an observation...

As most of you know, I work downtown. Well, outside the SD Transit store, I have always noticed that someone sprinkled rice on the floor for pigeons...It wasn't until a few weeks ago that I saw that it was a homeless man that did this rutinely. I almost slipped on those damn things once! ALL the time, rice all over the front of the building and pigeons! People tripping, trying to stop the guy. He did this everyday, without missing once. But about 2 weeks ago..well the building hasn't had any rice...no signs of the grain. Trust me every time I walk by there I look. So the other day it finally hit me...no rice-no more guy. I was sad. I dont know how many people noticed...the sad thing is I dont think anyone did...Who was this guy? Did He have family? Why was he homeless? A Vet? Depression? Lonelyness? Crushed dreams? Drugs? Alcohol? ...maybe the love of his life passed away? Did he try something and fail? Did he move...did he die...

I hope people notice when I am gone...because after this individual lifes seemed insignificant, and that troubled me...

ok..I will stop this I am getting in a weird mood...not the greatest note to end my bloggin with, but hey...im just reflecting!

take care everyone! I will see you when I return...

~Lilia

No comments: